Tuesday, 4 October 2016

this last week in pictures (with a few words)

This week I have been quite thoughtful about the passage of time.  I suppose that is understandable as it will be my late mum's birthday soon and a year since she passed.

I had a lovely visit from my dad's amazing mum.  She lives in Ireland with family but wanted to spend some time with my dad.  She is 98 years young!  She looks like a 70 year old and is still pretty sprightly and reasonably healthy.  This was the first time my two kids had met their Great Grannie!  


My dad recently gave me my mum's old sewing box and last week I managed a rummage through it.  It was strange to find a little Liberty label, (I have no idea what the product was) but I have come to love Liberty fabrics so much which made it even stranger.  
I also managed some sewing and got a chance to test drive my free jumbo clips that came free with Love Patchwork & Quilting magazine.  
 

I have been really enjoying a bit of lino cutting too.  It is a steep learning curve but it is great fun.  I carved a little fish and tried block printing in a traditional Indian block printing way.  This lovely piece is winging it's way to Lucy from Charm About You.  


Speak soon!
Collette x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post - those Liberty labels take me back. They used to have regional stores and those labels would swing from all the made up items with a little price sticker. Anything from a peg doll lavender bag to a make up bag in the distinctive Liberty Print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan thanks for your lovely comments. I wonder what shop that did indeed come from. I think I will ask my dad. xx

      Delete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!