I will be using these in my classes to show the students the importance of good quality thread when doing any kind of sewing.
I have used Aurifil 50wt Mako since I first discovered it being sold at The Cotton Patch around 6 years ago.
The thread I used to begin with was cheap and nasty and I soon learnt that my machine hated that. I then moved onto a recognised brand which was great quality but expensive for spools with more yardage.
So when I came across Aurifil and read more I decided to give it a try and was converted.
- I found it to be excellent value for money ( still is!).
- Lasts extremely well.
- My machine ( and any others I have used ) love it.
- There is very little lint in my machine from it.
- I have used it for hand sewing, applique work, English paper piecing and machine sewing with no problems at all.
- The choice of colours is awesome.
- It is a very beautiful thread to just look at!
So if you haven't tried it then please do give it a go. You will be pleasantly surprised I am sure. I certainly was 6 years ago and became a faithful customer from that point!
(p.s. This post is in no way sponsored by Aurifil or anything - these views are entirely my own honest reviews of a really great product which I wanted to share with my readers and by way of a thank you to Aurifil for the bits and bobs I received).