Thursday, 1 May 2014

Fresh Sewing Day!

The first of May and another month of sewing finished in April!  I didn't do as much sewing as I would have liked due to the Easter holidays but I am happy with what occurred in the last month.






I made a quilt for the pre - cuts issue of Fat Quarterly e-zine.  ( Out now).

I bought a Bernina 707 minimatic reconditioned and serviced machine which I adore and is so smooth and quiet!  She sews an awesome straight stitch too!

I worked on some more applique blocks for Green Tea and Sweet Beans and I am almost there with all the blocks.  Still a way to go though with fitting them all together to form the quilt top.  ( No rush - remember slow sewing).

I made a baby quilt ( baby churn dash) for a lovely lady in the U.S.  It is now with her and her family.

And of course bee blocks always feature.

So a good wee month all in all!

What have you been up to?  Join us at Lily's Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day to share.


Lily's Quilts
Collette x

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous makes! I really love your hand stitched Green tea and sweet beans blocks, they are going to be an amazing quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the Green Tea and Sweet beans pattern. I made a quilt based on that last year with my Bee mates. Enjoy your sewing this month : ) I'm sure the family is loving the Churndash quilt too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of gorgeous blocks - looking forward to seeing all the GTSB blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lovely sewing in April! I really like the blocks with circles in the middle and your quilt looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you got loads done! Looking forward to seeing your Green Tea quilt grow some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got to love a bust stitching month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fab, you've had a busy month!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!