Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Outside The Box

Finally I can reveal something I have been working on for the Fat Quarterly e-zine.

Way back a few months ago, Lynne ( Lily's Quilts) put a shout on Instagram for anyone who would like to receive a Fat Quarter bundle of Malka Dubrawsky's latest line of fabric for Moda.  This line is called From Outside In and is just beautiful.  I jumped at the chance to play with such a gorgeous line of fabric and came up with a lap size quilt made from pre cut fat quarters.

 I teamed the gorgeous fabric by Malka with some Quilter's linen to bring some order and I love how it turned out.  I kept the pattern simple because I wanted to showcase as many of the colourful fabrics as I possibly could.
 I quilted this using Aurifil 50wt in a neutral colour to blend with the quilt and add texture mainly.  I used a Serpentine stitch all over the quilt.  It took forever but was so worth it for the beautiful texture it adds.
Finally I used some of the neutral fat quarters to bind the quilt with.  I didn't want to distract anyone from the stunning array of colour and patterns that Malka's fabric creates.

If you want to make this quilt pattern then head over to the Fat Quarterly to get the next issue on precuts.  It is super easy and fun to make!
Collette x

4 comments:

  1. I was sooo tempted to put my hand up for this fabric too - it's a gorgeous quilt and your choice of background is perfect. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Well done on getting published - it's a great pattern and it looks to me like you might have some of that lovely fabric left over to play with ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Collette, huge congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pattern to show off the fabric and great choice of binding too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!