Thursday, 3 April 2014

looks can be deceiving!

So this last week I have had a deadline to finish a baby quilt for a lovely customer in the U.S.  It is a larger version of a quilt which is already in my Etsy shop.  Although I have used a different layout of fabric placements with this one.






Quilt stats are -  Churn dash block 6 1/2" unfinished
                           48" x 36" size
                            blue binding

I have also been working on some more blocks for my Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt.
The background is a feedsack fabric and the little domes are Pam Kitty fabric.

I also made a Card Trick block as a lady in one of my classes wanted to try this out to add to her quilted bag.
I have never made this block before, and guess what?  Now I know why!  One word - triangles!
Doesn't it look so sweet and innocent sitting there are pretty?  All I can say is spray starch and patience of a saint!
It does look great though I have got to admit!
So I have the next few weeks off from my classes due to the Easter break.  Hopefully I will be checking in with you all a little more.
Collette x

6 comments:

  1. I love the light blue and green you used in your churn dash. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your work is gorgeous, how can you bear to send it away! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your work as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the churn dashes! And the triangle comment made me giggle - I made a similar block for the Skill Builder BOM (my first) and it involved lots of swearing prior to lots of seam ripping and starch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your churn dash quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt, those colours are fabulous

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!