Saturday, 26 April 2014

A week of stitching bliss

Hello!  Well the kiddos were back at school on Tuesday which meant back to sewing and classes for me!   Oh and how wonderful it was to get some uninterrupted sewing time with Bernadette. (read all about her here).

Not a chore at all.  My classes went super well on Wednesday with the ladies developing so well.  Hopefully next week I will have some pics to share of patchwork tote bags and mini quilts from their fair hands!

After classes I was then free to carry on with some bee block sewing.  I finished Di's blocks a wee while ago but still had the siggy to do.  I think Di will have a stunning quilt when she gets all her blocks in from the Bee a Brit Stingy ladies.

Excuse the creases they were folded up!



The lovely Jill asked us Hipbee bees to make some beach huts inspired blocks for her Summer quilt.  I have made one with one to go.  I still have to embroider a flag pole and am thinking of adding something to the top right hand corner( maybe some sunshine).  Surf's up!

And some more Green Tea and Sweet Beans action has been going on this week too.  I am now onto the Clamshells block and was a little concerned how to ensure they were all nice and straight.  I have developed my own wee way of ensuring these sit as I want them to and I hope to share that with you next week. 


With my classes I have to always be one step ahead with preparing for the next course.  So for our next course we are making a mini wall hanging.  I saw this basket log cabin block on Pinterest but the link to the site was not being found so I could credit the person or follow any instructions.  So I had to work it out for myself.  Now a Log Cabin is pretty straightforward but I then had to work out how to make the reflection block for the other side of the basket.  I got there in the end though and am planning on filling my basket with a whole bunch of colourful yoyos and leaves. 
Watch out for a wee tutorial from me on how to make this basket.
Collette x

5 comments:

  1. Collette, you're so busy! Well done with the classes..how great to teach something you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovelies here. Great idea to use the log cabins to make a flower basket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classes sound lovely - looking forward to seeing that basket filled with Suffolk Puffs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks, I just finished mine for Di. The log cabin basket is so cute! I love the fabric for your clamshells and look forward to tips before I start my gtsb!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!