Thursday, 14 November 2013

My first Le Challenge! - stripey!





I decided to play along with the latest challenge which was a stripey one as I needed a fun project and something to get my creative juices flowing.

All I could think about when I heard the word stripes was a zebra and a zebra crossing.  I tried to come up with something much cleverer but nope, kept going back to those black and white stripes.

So here we have it - a teeny tiny zebra striped pincushion with contrasting embroidery.  I love it!  Not my normal colour combo at all but isn't it great to work outwith your comfort zone?

Now head over to Le Challenge to see what the other clever people have been making and read more about how to join in the fun!

Can't wait to hear what the next theme is!

Collette x

12 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I love black and white and I like the different stitches! Zebras are a great inspiration :) Thanks for linking up to Le Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect! I love the embroidery stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to be different sometimes...that's the great thing about Le Challenge .... It makes you put your thinking head on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that a lot - always nice to see something a bit different in a pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. zebras - brilliant. A great pincushion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was my first time participating in Le Challenge also. I love the details on the teeny pin cushion. You did a good job wiht it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pincushion, and the details! Thanks for participating in le challenge, and I hope precious will also inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like black and white and I find that i need a pincushion in every room in the house as I never seem to remember to take it with me, then I wish I had. Lovely entry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the pincushion, one thing i don't have and really need to make myself. The black and white is very clean and fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!