Wednesday, 27 November 2013

A baby quilt finish

Yesterday my customer received her completed baby quilt and I am now able to share it with everyone in all it's glory.


The customer and I chose the colour scheme and fabrics together and I suggested the pattern ( my own).  The colours are inspired by Scottish and Australian landscapes, the quilting by Scottish plaids.

I set to work months ago making flying geese, oh so many, and scrappy stars.   I love all of these fabrics but a special mention has to go to the Art Gallery  Fabrics ones.  They are oh so very soft and lovely to work with.  The backing is especially soft and gorgeous too.

I quilted this with a kind of plaid style diagonal pattern using a gorgeous grey Aurifil 50wt cotton thread.  I bought a 1300m spool and have over half left on it!  It is such a beautiful thread to work with and looks perfect on this quilt!

The sashing and border are a pigeon grey.

I am so pleased with how this quilt turned out and am looking forward to seeing a wee photo of the new bambino enjoying it (once the baby comes along!).



Quilt stats
size 51 x 50 inches
batting - hobbs heirloom 80/20
thread - Aurifil 50wt grey

Collette x


10 comments:

  1. Very pretty - Love the quilting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful, and it sounds silly - but I my eye is really caught by those random dark grey star points. I love them in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very calming colour scheme and the plaid quilting really works. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I adore the colour scene. It's so soft but the aqua and dark grey really draws the eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the subtle Scottish theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, such soft shades, calm and soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great quilt, lovely pattern and fabric colours.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!